We use technologies like cookies (small files stored by your browser), web beacons,
or unique device identifiers to anonymously identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience.
Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address,
phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device,
such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you.
If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook.
Our systems are not designed to associate personal information with your activities
(such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from persons under 18.
If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information,
please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
To customize our service for you, we and our partners may collect, use, and share precise location data,
including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device.
This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used only to provide
and improve our service. We may obtain your consent on your first use of the service.
You can sign into your account to see any personally identifiable information we have stored, such as your name, email,
address or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see this information.
We may keep data indefinitely.
We generally do not share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with other companies.
We do not allow advertising companies to collect data through our service for ad targeting.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: www.student-recommended.co.uk
We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure.
We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information.
However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.
To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these
- with your express consent,
- when we have a good faith belief it is required by law,
- when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or
- to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets.
Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you,
to the extent permitted by law to do so.
If we make any material changes to our policies, we will place a prominent notice on our website or application.
If the change materially affects registered users, we will send a notice to you by email, push notification or text.
Terms and Conditions
- All participation instructions in this email form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By participating in these offers (“offers”), all participants (“Participants”) will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and any such amendments shall be available at www.student-recommended.co.uk
- The offers are open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
- The offers are open to Participants aged 18 years or over at the time of purchase only, excluding employees of the Promoter and their families, the Promoter’s associated companies, their agents and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to ask for proof of age from all Participants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to ask for valid student identification from all Participants.
- The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any entry to these offers for failure to comply with any of these Terms.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit delay or prohibit a Participant’s ability to participate in these offers.
- The Promoter reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this Promotion at any time without notice.
- The Promoter does not accept liability for any losses or claims whatsoever arising out of this Promotion, save for personal injury or death resulting from the Promoter’s negligence.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding this Promotion or these Terms. In the unlikely event of any dispute the Promoter’s decision shall be final.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of these Terms would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
- Promoter: Recommended Apps Limited, 70 Hamilton Drive, Glasgow, G12 8DR
G1 Get Home Safe
Our stewards, staff and managers are here to help, if you have any safety concerns or need any information on transport home ask one of our fully trained staff.
Here are some Get Home Safe tips:
- Before going out consider how you intend to get home at the end of the night.
- Make sure your phone battery is fully charged, and if your phone does run out of battery, ask the manager to help – you will be able to use ours.
- When leaving at the end of your night, wait until your transport home arrives.
- Don't get into a car unless you know it's the taxi you ordered, the driver should know your name and address of where you are going.
- When making your way home, don't walk on your own. Stay with your friends and avoid secluded or dark areas where there is no light.
- If you feel you are getting unwanted attention, let a manager or steward know.
- Be careful who you give your personal details to, especially if you don't know them well.
Student Drink Awareness
University can be the best years of your life, made up of a whirlwind of parties, fun and some studying thrown in.
Research shows that over half (52%) of male students and nearly half (43%) of female students drink more than the government’s daily unit guidelines (3-4 units a day for men and 2-3 for women).
Drinking too much could also lead to taking unnecessary risks with your personal safety, like taking an unlicensed taxi or walking home alone. The British Crime Survey 2008 revealed that students have the highest risk of being a victim of violent crime compared with other occupations.
Of course drinking at university can be fun, especially when handled sensibly, but you should always keep an eye on your mates and stick to recommended daily guidelines.
Samaritans is a confidential emotional support service for anyone in the UK and Ireland.
The service is available 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide. Volunteers offer support by responding to phone calls, emails and letters. Alternatively people can drop in to a branch to have a face to face meeting.
Across the UK you can call Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90. In the Republic of Ireland call 1850 60 90 90.
You can also email Samaritans at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Chris, PO Box 9090, Stirling, FK8 2SA.